Effective January 28, 2019/files/Overnight_Consent_021521
Hours of Operation
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM. Service hours are from 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM on weekdays and weekends.
As long as the roads and weather permit, we will service your pet as requested. KSR Pet Care generally does not close for half-a-day Federal Government closings or delays. We do not follow school closings.
When we decide to close and cancel all midday walks free of charge, we make this decision on the basis of safety, latest weather reports, road/sidewalk conditions, notice to reach clients on time as well as considering the hard fact that our walkers will be losing a whole day of income.
If a client is out-of-town we will make every possible attempt to visit these pets midst a possible delay.
In preparation of upcoming inclement weather, KSR Pet Care will send a notification email in advance, announcing whether KSR Pet Care will be closed if the Federal Government closes, or remains open. If closed, all walks are automatically cancelled, and credits added to your account. If a daily dog walking client does need service despite the closing, the client needs to contact the office by phone and/or email and await confirmation. Only with KSR Pet Care prior notification can walks be cancelled free of charge.
We accept payment by check or credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, Amex). Payment is due on the first day of service. A $25 penalty automatically applies 10 days after due date and continues with increments of $25 more every 10 additional days late. All payments are final. We do not refund but instead offer a credit on your next service.
- Checks are made payable to KSR Pet Care. Payment is sent by mail before the start of service. There is a $25 fee for returned checks.
- Our preferred payment method is credit card (VISA, MasterCard, Discover, Amex). Payments are accepted via phone.
KSR Pet Care provides services and so tipping your service providers (your dog walker/pet sitter) is allowed and very much appreciated. If you received excellent service from us, please consider a tip of 15-20%. Best method to tip is adding a tip to the payment of your invoice and have it charged to your credit card on file. You can ask us for assistance, or call us with the tip amount. If you want to leave cash at your house for the pet sitter to pick up, please put it inside an envelope with our employee's name on it. If you mail a check, please write the check to the attention of your actual sitter.
Rates & Surcharges
Our rates are competitive with other bonded and insured businesses in the area. Rates are subject to change without prior notice. Due to the high demand for service, we ask for holiday surcharges. For stand-alone weekend dog walking, we also add a surcharge. This weekend surcharge is not for dog sitting but only applies to occasional or stand-alone weekend walks on Saturdays and Sundays.
- FREE first consultation: $0.00
- One-time registration/administration fee for new clients (non-refundable): $29.00
- Additional consultation: client interviewing new sitter/dog walker, new pet at the house: $20.00
- 'Shadow meeting' of dog walker/pet sitter introducing a new dog walker/pet sitter at a time of booked service: $0.00
- Surcharges on Federal Holidays as well as on Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, Independence Day weekend, and Labor Day weekend: $5.00/visit
- Surcharges on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year’s Day: $12.50/visit
- Surcharges for weekend midday dog walking: $3.50/visit
- No surcharges for administering medication or extra same-family pets: $ 0.00
- Key/fob pick-up or return on a day where no service visit is scheduled: $15.00
- Key/fob pick-up or return for a scheduled dog walking/pet sitting visit: $1.50/visit
- Last minute (day of or less than 24 hours) or emergency visits: $4.00/visit
If service ends and you would like us to return your keys at a time other than a service appointment, a $15.00 key return fee applies. We value the time our sitters spend on the road, including for key pick-up or return. There is a $15.00 key pick-up or key-return fee. If at the end of service, you want to avoid this charge, we have one other option and that is to dispose of your key(s) securely for free. We can send you a receipt that states it has been done. We can also mail you your keys back for free. We cannot be held liable for loss of keys through the mail.
If you live in a condo or neighborhood where a fob is needed, we need at least one fob to start service and we have a minimum visit requirement of 30 minutes. If our walker has to pick-up and/or return a key/fob from a leasing office or concierge there is a $1.50 pick-up/return fee per service visit. This fee goes entirely to your walker. If the key pick-up/drop-off is not going smoothly and takes longer than 5 minutes, the sitter will report this and deduct the time up to 10 minutes of your visit time. If waiting time is longer than 15 minutes, we will contact you and let you know of the additional charge.
If you live in a condo/apartment building and walking time from a sitter's car is longer than 5 minutes, we will reduce your visit time with 5 minutes (or more if walking time would be longer than 10 minutes). This will then be discussed at consultation.
If you want us to work with a lockbox or garage keypad code instead, that is fine. If, however there is a power outage, we may not be able to get inside if we only have a garage keypad code. We can also not be held responsible if the key is not inside the lockbox.
We need all cancellations in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via our portal.
For daily dog walking clients who book monthly or on a recurring basis, we accept up to 5 days of cancellation with 24 hour notice, however, for more than 5 days or to end service, we need 2 weeks’ notice (see below the second exception to the 24-hour notice rule). The two-week notice policy also applies if you cancel twice or more times with 5 days in a row: if you do so, two weeks of service will still be due. One of the benefits of working with KSR Pet Care dog walkers is to have a primary and back-up assigned to your household which means the dog walker reserves a spot in their daily route for you. They rely on this income week by week, month by month. It makes a big difference in their pay if you cancel too many times, or for more than 5 days at a time.
KSR Pet Care assigns 3-hour time blocks to your appointments and therefore the 24 hours is calculated starting with the start time of your time block. For example, if you cancel a Friday noon-3 pm appointment, we need your cancellation in at the latest by Thursday noon.
Same-day cancellations or the day before after 5:30 PM (regardless the time frame) involve the value of the visit(s). (Explanation: our office closes at 5:30 PM Monday-Friday, Saturday and Sunday, so if you send us a notification outside those times, we will only be able to alert the sitter the following business day.) Thank you for your understanding!
Exceptions to the 24-hour notice rule apply for:
- Monday appointments. Our offices are closed on the weekend and although we sometimes do check our email, we cannot guarantee it. We therefore request cancellations for Monday by closing of business on Friday. For service starting Saturday, we need 24-hour notice. For service starting Sunday, we need notice before closing of business on Friday.
- Temporary suspension, cancellation of, or reduction of duration time of dog walks/ pet visits in your monthly dog walking/ pet sitting service: please cancel or request change with a 2-week notice, or two weeks of dog walking/ pet sitting will be due. The monthly due date for confirming your new month’s dates does not apply when suspending or changing your account. If you want to cancel or change as of the start of a new month, you need to give us two weeks’ notice before the start of the new month.
- Holiday periods: for appointments on a Holiday or part of a series of appointments including the Holiday, cancellations are due 7 days in advance, or 50% of the full invoice is due. For overnight cancellations including Holidays we need 14 days’ notice, or 50% of the full invoice is due. If the cancellation is within 24 hours, the full invoice is due including the Holiday and Holiday surcharge. Holiday surcharges are non-refundable. (Holiday periods include Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year)
- Cancellations for extended service (this is, 7 days or more) in dog walking (other than monthly service), pet sitting and overnight bookings must be received at least 5 business days in advance, or 30% of the invoice is due. If the cancellation is within 24 hours, the full invoice is due.
These exceptional charges are implemented as a courtesy to your sitter who is losing a job and income without sufficient time to replace it with another.
Billing & Payments
Our pet sitters and dog walkers work for KSR Pet Care as employees and signed a non-compete agreement with KSR Pet Care. As a client of KSR Pet Care you may contact your KSR pet sitter and/or dog walker directly for any pet or house related updates. For any billing, bookings or payments you work via KSR Pet Care office only. No service can be set up directly with the dog walker or pet sitter without the knowledge of KSR Pet Care office. If service were to be set up without KSR Pet Care knowledge, this service would not be protected by KSR Pet Care insurances and would also violate your KSR Pet Care client agreement as well as the non-compete agreement we have with our employee.
KSR Pet Care services are fully bonded and insured. This means that if a pet sitter or dog walker working under the capacity of KSR Pet Care make a mistake and something happens to your pet(s) or inside your house, KSR Pet Care is insured for this. We also carry bonding insurance in case of theft. We are fully licensed as stipulated by the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Corporation Commission.
Health & Hygiene
Although we are not veterinary technicians, we consider it our responsibility to observe your pet's health and alert you if we notice anything unusual about the appearance, behavior, or the stool of your pet that might suggest an illness. We also ask all our customers to provide us with emergency and veterinary details, so we know what to do if something happens that cannot wait.
KSR Pet Care staff also consider it their duty to practice good hygiene and eliminate germ spreading by washing or sanitizing hands after each pet visit. It is essential to wash hands with soap and water after petting, feeding, handling, or having any other contact with animals, their living quarters, or their waste. Washing your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds and rubbing with sufficient friction helps to clean. If we are unable to use a sink and soap at a client's home, we will use a hand sanitizer that we carry and keep in our car. Antibacterial soaps and hand sanitizers are designed to offer the extra protection of killing germs. We follow the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
In case of illness or emergency unavailability of your regular/primary sitter/walker, your secondary/back-up sitter or walker will automatically step in. One of the benefits of working with KSR Pet Care is we do have up to 3 people assigned to your household so that we are able to provide back-up support when needed. In case your sitters/walkers are unavailable, we will contact you as soon as possible. At that time, service can be cancelled without fee, or upon availability and with timely notice, KSR Pet Care will arrange another sitter/walker to meet your pets before doing service. We never send sitters/walkers to a house they are not familiar with. For that reason, we highly encourage booking as early as possible so that an additional consultation and back-up is still an option.
For the convenience of our clients, the walker/sitter will be personally introduced to each pet that requires service by KSR Pet Care staff and this free of charge. We call this a shadow meeting. If the client chooses to meet with the walker/sitter instead, a consultation fee applies. All sitter meetings following the initial client consultation are considered additional and incur a charge.
KSR Pet Care employees use a GPS tracking program on their phone via an app that is created by a pet sitting software company. Employees check-in via this app when arriving at the door of a client home and check-out when leaving and just outside the client home. The GPS coordinates that are saved are a time stamp of check-in and check-out as well as a location stamp at check-in and check-out. In an effort to protect our sitters' privacy, clients will not have direct access to the program data. Only by written request and with a valid reason for worry could KSR Pet Care management decide to disclose data to a client.